Friday, September 29, 2006

About the massage work

What with everyone's busy working and family schedules, I have had to realise that it is just not feasible to travel so easily all the way to this remote spot on the KZN south coast for Tantra massage sessions. The massage guests, who have made it here so far, have not been disappointed. It is wonderful to get away from daily life for something as special as Tantra massage, but this usually has to be combined with a holiday or business in Durban or something like that. I love working here. The massage studio is decorated in a personal style, it is my sacred room - I do not only work there, but use the space for meditating, reading my increasing small library of books about Tantra, for resting and letting my thoughts flow or my heart just glow. I am still so in awe of what Tantra has done for me personally, in my life and my whole being. It is a special space.

I realise this will be different in JHB and CT where I am sharing rooms with others. However, I will try to create the atmosphere I need for Tantra Sacred Massage and for the times that I will be there working with massage guests, these shared rooms will become "my" special rooms for this work.

I am looking forward to welcoming you there and to working on an on going basis with some of you. The deepness of the work, the full benefit of what Tantra massage gives you grows with continuous work - or if you like "treatments". The relationship between the giver and the receiver of the massage develops, mutual trust grows and a true opening from heart to heart becomes not only possible, but inevitable. So with this in mind and in my heart, I am looking forward to welcoming you these new massage spaces.

I had the pleasure this last weekend of having a couple here from a far away place in SA for massages. They made use of the overnight accommodation and so had the opportunity to look through some of the books on Tantra that I had placed in their lounge. I found that that added a certain depth to the work. It helped getting Tantra into perspective. They were totally new to Tantra and knew little about it, so I felt this was really a worthwhile aspect of having time here to make use of my small library.

They chose separate massages - actually a good way for a couple to start, each having their own space to experience the massage - and it also gave me the opportunity to connect intuitively to the individual person. The massages were, needless to say different - they always are as Tantra massage does not follow a set scheme.

I felt energised after they had left. Massaging keeps me deeply in my own awareness. I am totally there and my own daily life is somewhere far away, not even in the background. My preparation consists of getting the space ready - the room temperature needs to be warmed (at least at this time of the year - in summer it will have to be cooled!), the oil gets freshly mixed and heated, the music chosen and towels need to be ready etc. Then I take time to meditate and get my own energy "charged up" for the massage. I impart energy during the massage, "lending" mine to the massage guest in order to move theirs, but this imparting of energy does not, cannot reduce my own energy. Once in the massaging, I work deeply intuitively, feeling not only through my hands and body, but with and through my heart, my love. If I do it right, not imparting too much, not withholding anything, I come out of the massage energised. The giver receives too during Tantra work. It is the connection to Existence's universal love that makes this possible.

Tantra massage is about transformation on a very deep level. It gives me such joy to see how glowing, how radiant the guests become after the massage. And I know there will be movement in the days and weeks afterwards. To those of you who misunderstand Tantra as another form of eroticism, I say, you are so wrong. Oh yes, it can be erotic, but it is so much more!

Namasté
Leandra

No comments:

Post a Comment