Friday, November 17, 2006

New premises in Johannesburg and thoughts...

I am in the middle of my second session of bookings in JHB and it is proving, once again, to be a wonderful experience with really great and interesting people. I never thought I would grow to love JHB so much! Everyone is asking if I like the rain and I have to answer, "No, not really, on the KZN south coast we have plenty of it all the time!" But I do love the way the JHB people become really joyful when it rains. One massage session was held in my rooms with a background of thunder outside overriding the soft, sensual and relaxing tantric music that I play throughout the massage. The atmosphere was quite dramatic and the rumbling of nature's force enhanced the massage environment greatly.

The best news however, is that I now work from my own centrally situated premises. It has been a whirlwind visit this time. I arrived on Wednesday, took out a lease on a flat on Thursday, moved in on Friday morning with next to nothing other than a few drapes and a futon bed bought the day before and had my first booking on Friday afternoon. Since then, it has been quite a feat to get the flat set up in the atmosphere I want for my work. Between bookings, I was rushing out to local shopping malls to get sheets, towels, cushions and curtains. It is actually quite amazing how easy it is to set up a sacred, very special space. You can do it easily at home and I suggest you do exactly this. Just think how this will enhance the sensuality and sexuality in your relationship! A few drapes, special towels, a bit of oil or massage crème, soft music in the background and off you go on a magical, sensual journey with your spouse or lover.

Tantrikers don't have sex in the bedroom - which is actually for sleeping. Just think of the difference it can make: instead of leaving sexual activity for the time you actually need to fall asleep, give it a special space and time! Set up a room in your home for this, or take 30 minutes to transform your bedroom with some special drapes, ornaments, flowers and incense and then go into being together lovingly, perhaps massaging first, doing some deep breathing to get your sexual energy grounded (all taught in Tantra Sacred Massage sessions) and then approach the sexual as only a god or goddess should, with reverence for and gratitude towards the other and yourself and see what a difference these few changes make, not only to the expression of your sexuality, but to your relationship in general!

And singles do not have to miss out on this. Do the same for your self-loving. In fact, I teach my clients that self-loving is the first step to tantric sexuality. What is taught in the massage sessions should be practiced alone and then together. Take the time for this - I know life is always busy, but is this not an important aspect of life? Of course it is. So much revolves around the sexual that we should be more earnest in going about making these experiences special indeed.

While I was out shopping today, accompanied by a female tantric friend, we giggled and chuckled at the thought of how many people around the globe were having orgasms at that very moment in time! We brought to mind how we are surrounded by the sexual constantly - the birds and bees, trees and flowers outside, constantly busy with sexual activity, granted in matters of pro-creation but then also all (well, most) men always gazing longingly at women, (just look around and you will see their eyes turning this way and that), women chatting about their lovers (if they have one) and then of course, the yearning for intimacy in those who do not live this.

So yes, take the time for sensual and sexual activity, make it special and experience how spiritual this can be. After all, we are all sexual beings and would not be here if sex had not taken place.
Tantra is not all about sex. But it focuses on the sexual as the special quality of life uniting us with the Divine, if we will only allow for this.

Namaste
Leandra

No comments:

Post a Comment