Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tantric Touch workshop and other news

Yesterday a friend said to me "you haven't updated your journal...." and she was right- I had not. It has become a whirlwind life since starting to offer Tantra Sacred Massage in JHB and now also in CT - this takes getting used to for me. When I think of all the busy business people flying around the country, I begin to get a hint of what it really must be like. I am presently working in Cape Town and so it is a new venue, new people, a new place to stay, a new climate and lots of bookings. Again, I have met lovely people.

Interestingly, here in CT, I seem to be getting the most couples booking either the full day or the four hour workshop. It has, as it always is, been intensive work with great people, some with difficulties, some just pretty curious, others already on the path of meditation and in the process of finding a new spirituality in life. As always, Tantra has much to offer on all levels. I still have the rest of this week to go, a one day workshop on Sunday and then on Monday, I fly back home. I won’t be there for long though because….and this is my really big news: only one day after parting from my first Tantra teacher, a new Tantra mentor, as he likes to see himself, came into my life: Ron Solo, all the way from Australia. Here is the story….

We had been "set-up" by Rick of the Marquee in JHB. Ron has been offering Tanta massage and tantric touch at the Marquee for about 6 years on his regular visits to SA. I had been invited by Rick to visit the Marquee, to see if I would consider using the Marquee for workshops, so we had recently met. Then the day after I had made the decision to start my own school of Tantra, I got this phone call from Ron all the way from Australia, and that was the start of an almost daily journey into different aspects of Tantra, tantric touch and Tantra Massage.

The old saying goes: one door closes and another opens!

Ron Solo is extremely experienced – he has been offering Tantra workshops around the globe for over 25 years. He specializes in tantric touch and Tantra Massage and so we have much in common and much to talk about. It has been and is wonderful for me to be able to share and learn, ask questions and question answers in this way. It was then Ron's suggestion that we offer a workshop together, which we are doing: "Keep the Fire Burning - a one day workshop devoted to sensual tantric touch - for men, women and couples" in JHB on 30th December. (See WORKSHOP page for details) I am, needless to say, extremely excited about this and hope to meet some of you there. In the days prior to the workshop, Ron and I will be working together and be learning from each other.

I have been thinking about this: how do we learn? Often it is a case of having the teacher and the learner, the one who knows all and the one who knows little. My original teaching on my tantric path here in SA was like that. In Germany, this dissolved into a general sharing and learning with my Tantra massage trainer, Klaus and his wife Barbara. It was glorious to learn like that. It did not diminish my respect for my trainer, on the contrary, it boosted it. I could be me, I was encouraged to bring in what ever I already knew and at the same time I could learn a whole lot of new stuff with ease. The sign of a good teacher in most forms of adult education, should be like that.

This is what impressed me so about Ron Solo. When I asked, "do you mean we should facilitate this workshop together?", his answer was, "of course, I want to also learn from you!" Was I excited! One of the world's best and most renowned Tantra coaches wants to learn from me.....this was too good to be true! But it is true - and thus began a journey of sharing via email and phone calls and, yes, it is exactly like that: we learn from each other. It is a dialogue of learning, teaching, sharing. It requires great openness - there is no space for arrogance or fear. You just have to go into it head on in order to learn like this, and unfortunately, a lot of teachers are not willing to expose themselves so far.

Tantra has no hierarchy!
Tantra is no longer a secret path!
Tantra today is an open teaching that grows and benefits the most from genuine sharing.
Tantra is for everyone - you do not need to have a problem to start this path.
Tantra is simple to understand and easy to begin putting into practice in your life.
Tantra is physical - it is about changing conditioning of the mind, but you cannot do that without changing the body memory. The work has to be on both levels.

Any contradiction to this, any suggesting that Tanta is a complicated, secret teaching, any suggestion of false and binding devotion to teachers, any suggestion that you can go on working with a paid Tantra teacher for 6 months and more, without addressing the physical, the sensual, the sexual, the body memory or your deteriorated marriage etc., is not Tantra - it is manipulation and money-making.

I feel strongly about this. Tantra does not want to manipulate in any way

In it's purest form it is simply about opening the heart to a deeper love for and a greater celebration of life, while simultaneously opening the body to a free flowing of sexual energy which is our life's force. The very nature of our being is sexual. Removing the taboos around this subject does not make perverts or sex maniacs out of us! Repression however can and far too often does. One usage of our sexual energy is actually sexual. Most of it is for the pure joy of everything we do in life. What healing the heart and healing the body result in is simply, happy human beings, people expressing their creativity in every aspect of life, including in their sexuality.

Sexuality is a celebration - a celebration of love for one's self, love for others, love for life and for the whole of creation.

Namaste
Leandra

No comments:

Post a Comment